VUECLOUD LIMITED (“VUE”, “we”, “our” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our End User Licence Agreement (“Licence Agreement”) and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting https://VUEgroup.org (our “site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is VUEcloud Limited of 510 Metroplex, Broadway, Salford Quays, Manchester M50 2UE.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- ○ Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register or login to use our site, subscribe to our service, upload or view content on our site (including without limitation any personal data contained in images captured using CCTV) and/or when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and place of employment.
- ○ Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- ○ technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- ○ information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products and/or services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- ○ Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. This may include (without limitation) any telematics data that we collect using GPS and/or other technology situated within your vehicle(s), which records information about where, when and how you drive your vehicle(s). We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- ○ to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and
- ○ to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- ○ to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- ○ to notify you about changes to our service;
- ○ to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- ○ Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- ○ to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- ○ to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- ○ to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- ○ to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- ○ Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- ○ Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- ○ Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- ○ In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- ○ If VUE or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- ○ If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms of our Licence Agreement or any other agreement with you or to protect the rights, property, or safety of VUE, our employees, customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
THIRD-PARTY PERSONAL DATA
To the extent that any data, content, documents, information and/or intellectual property rights (“Uploaded Data“) which you upload to the site contains any third party personal data (including any images captured using CCTV or any telematics data (including data captured using GPS and/or other technology situated within a vehicle) which can be used to identify a third party living individual), you acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility (as the data controller) to ensure that such personal data is collected, used, stored and disclosed in accordance with the Act. By uploading such Uploaded Data to the site, and/or otherwise communicating it to VUE, you warrant that:
- ○ you have complied in all respects with your obligations under the Act in respect of such personal data; and
- ○ you have all necessary consents and permissions to upload the personal data to the site and/or communicate to VUE such personal data and/or to share such personal data with any other users to whom you give access to the site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
VUE will only process and store your data in the UK. However, you acknowledge and agree that any personal data contained in the Uploaded Data may be transferred or stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“) to the extent that any other user to whom you give access to the site is located in such countries. By submitted the Uploaded Data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing of the Uploaded Data.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
RETENTION OF DATA
We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is held or otherwise processed by us. This means that data will be destroyed or erased from our systems when it is no longer required.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com .
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.